COVID Contact Tracing and Response
LOCATION: NORTH AMERICA
PHASE: DEPLOYED – 12 SITES
PRIMARY USE CASES: SAFETY MONITORING AND COMPLIANCE, CONTACT TRACING, PROXIMITY DETECTION
Norbord (now part of West Fraser) employs 2,600 people at 17 plant locations in the United States, Canada, and Europe. In order to ensure worker safety and business continuity through the pandemic, they needed a connected worker platform for digital contact tracing and reporting.
- 18 shutdowns avoided in 3 mo.
- 20% reduction in downtime
- 2-day remote deployment, devices arrived at sites ready-to-use
- Approximately 1300 potential exposures prevented per site usage per month
- Estimated savings of $120,000 per shift shutdown avoided, amounting to nearly $1.3 million in savings per month
Guardhat wearable smart devices continuously detect proximity to other wearables and generate audio, haptic, and visual alerts when any other wearables come within six feet. Wireless-connectivity is not required for detection or alerts. The solution provides contact tracing and reporting compliant to CDC guidelines straight out of the box.
The Guardhat platform also provides advanced safety monitoring and audio/video/text communication, making it a one-stop safety and productivity solution.Download